Corporate Human Resources Recruiter
The Corporate Human Resources Recruiter is responsible for delivering all facets of recruiting success throughout the organization. This will be achieved through the development of local and national recruiting plans, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, creative recruiting ideas. The Corporate Human Resources Recruiter will play a critical role in ensuring we are hiring the best possible talent.
Primary Objectives of the Human Resources Recruiter:
- Develop and execute recruiting plans.
- Network through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups and employees.
- Coordinate and implement college recruiting initiatives.
- Administrative duties and recordkeeping.
Develop and Execute Recruiting Plans
- Create job descriptions.
- Lead the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position.
- Efficiently and effectively fill open positions.
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Build networks to find qualified passive candidates.
- Post openings with professional organizations and appropriate venues.
- Utilize the Internet for recruitment.
- Post positions to appropriate Internet sources.
- Improve the company website recruiting page to assist in recruiting.
- Research new ways of using the Internet for recruitment.
- Use social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates.
Network Through Industry Contacts, Association Memberships, Trade Groups and Employees
- Locate and document where to find ideal candidates.
- Aid public relations in establishing a recognizable employer of choice reputation for the company, both internally and externally.
- Communicate with managers and employees regularly to establish rapport, gauge morale, and source new candidate leads.
- Create contacts within the industry.
- Attend local professional meetings and membership development meetings.
- Maintain regular contact with possible future candidates.
Coordinate and Implement College Recruiting Initiatives
- Coordinate college recruiting initiatives.
- Attend career fairs for recruiting and company recognition.
- Develop working relationships within colleges to aid in recruiting.
- Give presentations at colleges, attend student group meetings, and increase college awareness of the company before and after career fairs.
Administrative Duties and Record Keeping
- Review applicants to evaluate if they meet the position requirements.
- Conduct prescreening interviews.
- Maintain all pertinent applicant and interview data
- Assist in performing reference and background checks for potential employees.
- Assist in writing and forwarding rejection letters.
- Assist in interviewing and selecting employees onsite.
- Assist in preparing and sending offer packages.
- Assist in preparing and sending new employee orientation packages.
- Perform other special projects as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, as assigned. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
- Experience with recruiting a plus
- Sourcing and relationship building skills.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Skills in database management and record keeping.
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work.
- Ability to travel for recruitment meetings, college visits, and career fairs and maintain a flexible work schedule.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and initiative in dealing with daily assumptions.
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- One to two years of human resources experience required; one to two years of human resources corporate recruiting experience preferred.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and is not an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with it.
Please forward resume with salary requirements to: [email protected]